Part 2- BITTER HONEY

Two Years Ago 

With weariness from last night and smeared kohl in the eyes, Aria lay squeezed between suitcases stuffed more with memories than clothes. Her bangles clinked as she wrote-

Dear Diary,
It's been long since I last saw you. My life has dramatically changed in the past few days and I want to tell you everything tonight.

Do you remember Javed Iyer from my college? I told you when I started falling in love with him and I disclosed my deepest secrets- that how I want to run my fingers through his messy hair, how I want to feel his vein running down the collar on one side of his neck and how I want him so close to me that the world can see our two souls as one. My intense love remained a secret for not so long. Friends nudged when we passed and teased when we talked. While I rolled my eyes, he laughed it away. But every time our eyes met for just a second, we both always knew it was love.  

He proposed about a month ago and yesterday, we got married. Can you believe it? Everything happened so fast. The vermilion on my forehead and the ring on my finger come with a lot of responsibilities at just 23. I am scared to move from Jaipur to Bangalore. From calmness to chaos. I am anxious to start a new journey so soon. I am sad to leave the job I always dreamt about. 

But, I am way more ecstatic that love is the reason behind my sacrifices. With Javed, everything feels right. When I look in his eyes, I dive deep and lose my way out. When we hold hands, his fingers fit perfectly in mine. When we kiss, our lips long to hold each other forever. And I need no more reasons to lose everything for him. Because isn't love also about sacrifices? All is not sweet in love because love is bitter honey.
Aria
25-12-14

The newly-wed bride with clinking bangles packed the diary to fly the next morning. From calmness to chaos.



Comments

Readers loved...

RISKS- By Janet Rand

"I AM FINE THE WAY I AM"

A MASK TO MASK THE REAL YOU!

BEWARE PARENTS! CHILDREN NOTICE EVERYTHING