Part 4- WET PILLOWS

Silence made its way in the house. For a moment, they could hear each other's breath.

"Javed? What is the matter? Aren't you happy for me?" Aria asked with deep wrinkles on her forehead. Her pink gloss was shining way too much. 

He took a deep breath. "Do you really think I will be happy about this news?" His voice was stern. 
"How can you expect me to like the idea of us staying apart?"

Aria was even more confused. "Javed, I am willing to do this job not because I don't want to sit at home. I can do that, like I have been doing for the past two years, if your love demands. But, this job is my dream. Even I have worked hard in my life just like you and I also deserve to work...."

"Are you in love with me or do you want to compete with me? What about my dreams of living with you? Why did you even marry me if you don't love me enough to give up on your dreams?" he shouted. A drop of sweat trickled down on one side of his face.

Tears misted up her eyes. The words ripped off her heart into pieces. "I don't know where you are taking this. You are not thinking what you are saying. We should not talk about this now." she murmured with her choking throat.

That night seemed longer. One slept and one wept. One dry and one wet pillow. 

The next day, eyes avoided each other until Aria faced him again. 

...."I already told you. My answer is still 'No'. We will never have a conversation about this again. Okay?". He searched for 'Yes' in her face.

It took a second for tears to form in her eyes. "I can't believe you ever loved me." she cried out. 
"I wish I never met you, Javed." Words came out without any hesitation. There was nothing in the world as real as those words that night.....

This time. Two wept. Two wet pillows. 







Comments

  1. I really appreciate your skilled approach. These square measure items of terribly helpful data which will be of nice use on behalf of me in future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers loved...

RISKS- By Janet Rand

"I AM FINE THE WAY I AM"

A MASK TO MASK THE REAL YOU!

BEWARE PARENTS! CHILDREN NOTICE EVERYTHING