Part 1- TEARDROPS

It was a busy Saturday night for Javed. Hunched over his computer, he sipped hot coffee intermittently which had turned cold. Everything was silent except the blaring of raindrops falling against the window pane and chasing one another down to form puddles of water. His room smelled of wet soil and stress. A knock on the door stopped his fingers running over the keyboard.

"Aria! I thought you were asleep" he went over to kiss her. 

"Did you think about what I asked?" she raised her eyebrows, pushing him off. Her long earrings stretched down her earlobe and dangled as she moved her head. Her eyes were wide and looked strong as they stared right into Javed's. 

"I already told you. My answer is still 'No'. We will never have a conversation about this again. Okay?". He searched for 'Yes' in her face. 

It took a second for tears to form in her eyes. "I can't believe you ever loved me." she cried out.  
"I wish I never met you, Javed". Words came out without any hesitation. There was nothing in the world as real as those words that night. 

"What is wrong with you, Aria? I know where is this coming from. I should have never let you join that stupid writing club. Everything was perfect before that."

"IT WAS NOT" She shouted. "It was never perfect. For me. And the worst part is you can never understand." 

Once again, silence crept in slowly like a thief. Both lay on the same bed yet, seemed miles apart. Raindrops dried. Teardrops flowed. One confused and one frustrated soul spent the night awake to welcome the morning that would change their lives.


Part 2 is coming on December 5, 2017. Stay Tuned!


Comments

Readers loved...

RISKS- By Janet Rand

"I AM FINE THE WAY I AM"

A MASK TO MASK THE REAL YOU!

BEWARE PARENTS! CHILDREN NOTICE EVERYTHING