CONVERSATION WITH THE FEAR!

It was one of the chilly mornings of December, enveloped in tranquillity. It seemed as if the world had come to a standstill. The cool breeze was gushing, almost hitting my warm cheeks and making my long hair blow violently. The fog was thick, blocking my vision while the sun was trying its best to raise the temperature.

It was a usual day except for I was heading for the first interview of my life. As I walked down the marooned lane, I sensed that something was following me. With each step, it was coming closer and closer. I turned around only to see nothing. But, I knew, there was something!

While giving the interview, I was just physically present there because I could feel the stalker was in the room too, right next to me. I could not concentrate and so my performance was a disaster. I cried. I was depressed.

This continued for a long period. Every time I tried to take the bull by its horns, every time I came out of my element, there was my "caring" stalker with me, following my footsteps. Finally, I decided to confront this tracker. I pulled myself together and went to meet my follower.... ALONE.

After searching for it thoroughly, there it was, the FEAR; Fear of failure, fear of rejection and fear of doing something off-beat. I stared at it right in its eye.



"What do you want? Why do you always turn up and mess everything?" I shouted.

"I want you to be safe. Never try to do anything different in your life." fear said calmly.

"But, why?" I was apparently perplexed.

"You are not meant to move out of your comfort zone. What if you fail? People won't accept you anymore. Think about it."

"I don't care."

"Well, you will when you have critics all around you. Trust me, You can't do anything new. Stick to where you are now." fear insisted.

"I will prove myself." I said obstinately.

The saner part of me was determined to combat this ingrown devil. It was saying," What if you succeed?" and so I listened to it. Whenever I crossed my limitations, I made sure not to pay heed to my follower. I developed faith and courage. Gradually, I defeated fear. Now, it is nowhere to be seen. I guess, it is repenting messing with the wrong person!😃

Comments

  1. So well written, Prachi!
    True, we ought to confront our fear else it will ruin our life! In reality, fear is just a figment of our imagination which we tend to pamper by giving it unnecessary importance. The moment we realise this fact, we will know how much time we have been wasting listening to our fears. The day we show fear the door, is the day we win half our battles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Shilpa!
      And very beautifully written.Nice to see you here. Keep coming.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Readers loved...

RISKS- By Janet Rand

"I AM FINE THE WAY I AM"

A MASK TO MASK THE REAL YOU!

BEWARE PARENTS! CHILDREN NOTICE EVERYTHING